Thursday, May 9, 2013

Nightlife

If you are anything like me, when your shift is over you can't just turn it off, go home and go to sleep. You are energized, hanging with some awesome people either want to have someone wait on you or blow off a little steam. Usually at some point in the shift someone starts discussing after work activities.

If you are waiting tables there are limited options after work. The movies, amusement parks, and most of the stuff that normal people do are all closed down. There is usually a restaurant that is open later or a bar in your future. These can be some of the best times you'll have.

Here's something to think about: For the price of one of those nights you an probably join a 24 hour gym for a month. Try hitting he gym twice a week instead of going out every night. Put the cost difference in a fund for something cool. Maybe a trip somewhere, maybe an upgrade for your car or a little safety net. Just my opinion on this.

I loved going out, but when I started adding up what I was spending a week in my head...ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment