Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why Don't I have any Money?

You ever notice that you get off at the end of the night and you have a wad of cash, but you always have to pick up a shift or suffer to make rent? Do you really understand how much you make on a weekly or monthly basis?

Here's a little experiment. It may seem kinda difficult (I know it was easier for me when I delivered pizzas....) Get a small notebook or a page in the back of your order book and write down every tip you receive. Strangely I think I actually made more just from recording it. Then at the end of the night write down the totals and keep a running tally for a week. You might be surprised. Your weekly totals should give you a good idea about how much money moves through your hands in a month. (4 weeks or so.) If you haven't already, try some of the selling techniques. See if the numbers don't improve. I'll bet they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment