Tuesday, April 2, 2013

An exercise in sales awareness

I can't help but to do this. Since I started waiting tables, I consciously evaluate the wait staff at any restaurant that I'm at. Sometimes it's, "Wow! That was a really smooth way sell those drinks." or "Why isn't she trying to sell the specials?" Sometimes it's "The manager should be helping her out." or "He is really in the weeds." I've been both amazed and disappointed. The people who take pride in their work are really apparent and you call tell that they are rewarded for it. They have the happiest tables that still turn quickly and often are in the best sections.

I invite you, next time you are out, take notice of the staff. What are they doing well? What should they do better? What can you steal from them to improve your game?

No comments:

Post a Comment